Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Started Physical Therapy

I went to my first PT session yesterday. A lot of time was taken taking measurements of how far I can move my knee and leg in different directions vs the other knee/leg. Once we got down to business, I was given two sheets of exercises to do to strengthen my muscles and stretch. I was shocked when my therapist pointed out to me how much muscle tone I have already lost in my right quad. After the exercises, I spent five minutes on the bike. The first few pedals were hard, but it got much easier.

The good news is that I seem to be making progress considering where I was only three weeks ago. I am hoping to have surgery in another 3-4 weeks, so I have a ways still to go.

In these pictures, you can see that I have made some real strides in my range of motion just in a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment