Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Meds

Sunday night was the worst night. My friend Karen came over Sunday afternoon with some food for me and the family. About an hour into her visit, I started feeling nauseous. That was it for me. I got sick soon after she left. I tried to get a little light food into me (cheerios, crackers, etc), but I couldn't keep anything in. I threw up four times between 4:00 and around 8:00pm. The problem was that I kept throwing up the pain meds, too. I was in so much pain from my knee and so much pain from my stomach that I was simply a wreck. I used as much ice on my knee that I could tolerate and tried to sleep. I woke up feeling a bit less nauseous at around 1:00 and finally got some food in my stomach. I waited about an hour and then took the percocet and I was okay after that.

RULE: NEVER take pain meds on an empty stomach! EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment